Rise: Rise Wisconsin Deputy State Director




$48,000-$53,000 / Yearly





Employer Type


Application Link


Application Instructions

Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit an application here: https://share.hsforms.com/1d7rVW6L5QbC5etpffnSeSwq5498. All inquiries and questions should be directed to Arin Anderson, [email protected].

Application Link


Job Description

**Hiring Manager Job Title:** State Director
**Classification:** Manager, with multiple Direct Reports
**Employment Status:** Full-Time, Exempt, Regular
**Primary Location:** Wisconsin
**Telecommute Agreement**: Hybrid; Travel May Be Required
**Salary: **The Deputy Organizing Director position has a full salary range of $45,000 - $65,000. However, aligned with our DEI practices, we typically bring in candidates between the minimum and maximum of $48,000 - $53,000. This does not include additional benefits offered to full-time employees, such as paid time off, sick leave, and health insurance.

**Position Summary:**
Under the direction of the State Organizing Director, the Deputy Organizing Director will be primarily responsible for managing their state’s Organizing Program, providing support on-the-ground, and leading campus and community engagement. Candidates should be able to offer ingenuity, creativity, nimbleness, and enthusiasm, with the desire to learn and contribute to a fast-paced, growing organizing program.

In general, ~80% of the Deputy Director’s time should be spent in the field training and organizing with LCOs, fellows, and volunteers in order to reach organizing goals. The remaining 20% of the Deputy Director’s time should be spent building relationships with campus leadership, working with LCOs to develop content for Rise socials, and representing Rise in the media.

The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core competencies: committed problem-solving, deep thinking, and fearless creation, inquisitive learning, thoughtful communication, mindful collaboration, personal accountability, teamwork, and a commitment to actively prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion.

**Primary Job Responsibilities:**

- Recruit, train, and manage Lead Campus Organizers (LCOs).
- Build sustainable, relational organizing programs and ensure LCOs achieve specific volunteer and voter engagement targets in the state.
- Excitement to help LCOs recruit, train and support new and first-time organizers (fellows and volunteers).
- Conduct on-the-ground organizing work on campus with LCOs to enhance training and implementation of organizing principles and goals.
- Build partnerships with on-campus leadership and organizations in collaboration with LCOs.
- Develop and execute strategic initiatives in collaboration with the State Director. 
- Commit to an inclusive and intersectional approach to organizing. 
- Assist State Directors in the planning and execution of content creation on Rise social media platforms to reflect the organizing work on the ground.
- Be prepared to speak to the media and represent Rise and your state’s work on the ground.
- Lead trainings for your state, as needed.